Monday, August 27, 2007

Krispy Kreme, Manila Review

When I was younger, my mother would always go out of the country for business trips and she would never forget to bring krispy kreme home. I was so happy that krispy kreme has finally opened in manila. I have tried each and every krispy kreme donut. There are some i like and some I find too sweet.

Original Glazed Krispy Kreme: I thought that it's sweeter than the original donut i've tried out of the country. It's still good and the quality of the donut itself is good.

Chocolate Iced Kreme Filled: I love this one but i wish that krispy kreme would be more consistent on the amount of kreme inside the donut. The first one i bought was just perfect. The 2nd time i bought the donut, the kreme was only on one side of the donut and not as much as the first one i had.

Glazed Sour Cream Cake: Oh this is one of my favorites. Not too sweet, just right.

Chocolate Iced with sprinkles, this one taste like the original krispy kreme donut and it's too sweet.

Glazed Cruller: It's sweet and chewy and very light.

Glazed Raspberry Filled: I love this one. It's not too sweet and again, the amount of the raspberry filled should be consistent and really filled up. Sometimes, i'd eat halfway already and the filling starts to disapear so all i have left is just the donut.

New York Cheesecake: I didn't enjoy this one very much as it was really sweet.

Chocolate Iced Custard Filling: I like this in fact, they should have a variety of this without the chocolate. The custard is perfect enough.

Powdered Strawberry Filled: One of my favorites. This is a must try. The Strawberry filling is not too sweet and it's not as sour as i thought.

Chocolate Iced Glazed: The orignal glaze is already very sweet and with the added chocolate icing, it becomes even more sweet. so, not for me.

Glazed Lemon Filled: I'm not a fan of of sour food but this one, is really good. Not too sour at all. It's slightly sweet and the blend of sourness of the lemon filling and the sweetness of doughnut balances it.

Caramel Kreme Crunch: I love caramel and this one is just perfect for me. Another favorite of mine. This is a must try.

Maple Iced Glazed: I think the sweetness of this is just right. Not as sweet as the original glaze.

Glazed Chocolate Cake: It's actually similar to the glazed sour creme cake but this one is slightly sweeter and duh, chocolate-y

Traditional Cake: It looks very dry but it's very good. It actually melts in your mouth. This is perfect with afternoon tea.

I know i've used the word too sweet however, I think it was made to be sweet because these donuts are supposed to be eaten with coffee. It makes sense as they are also marketing their own brand of coffee.

The pricing for me is reasonable. Dunkin Donuts, gonuts donuts, and other donut shops are cheaper than krispy kreme and usually, i see few customers. However, Krispy Kreme on the other hand is more expensive than the others but the shops are always full. It's amazing to see that people are actually after the quality of the donut and not the price. Also, most filipinos know about krispy kreme abroad so it's not new for them. But because of its availability and "newness" in manila, more people are flocking in and trying to grab that free original glazed donut while they line up for a box of donuts. Let's see after a couple of months if they are still the biggest selling donuts in manila. Will it continue to satisfy customers or will customers gets sick and tired of it?

No comments: